Professor of Linguistics
MIT Linguistics and Philosophy
77 Massachusetts Avenue, 32-D808
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Phonology, Morphology, Language Acquisition, Computational Linguistics
- [in press] (with Yoonjung Kang) Predicting innovative variants in Korean verb paradigms. Proceedings of CIL18: The 18th International Congress of Linguists. John Benjamins.
- [in press] Modeling analogy as probabilistic grammar. In Juliette Blevins, (ed.), Analogy in Grammar: Form and Acquisition. Oxford University Press.
- [submitted] A restricted model of UR discovery: Evidence from Lakhota
- [under revision] Base-driven leveling in Yiddish verb paradigms.
- [in press] Lexical and morphological conditioning of paradigm gaps. In Curt Rice (ed.), When nothing wins: Modeling ungrammaticality in OT. Equinox Publishing
-  Inflectional paradigms have bases too: evidence from Yiddish. In Asaf Bachrach and Andrew Nevins (eds.) The Bases of Inflectional Identity. Oxford University Press.
-  Explaining universal tendencies and language particulars in analogical change. In Jeff Good (ed.) Language Universals and Language Change. Oxford University Press.
-  The morphological basis of paradigm leveling (Preprint version of paper that appears in Laura Downing, Tracy Alan Hall, Renate Raffelsiefen, eds., Paradigms in Phonological Theory . Oxford University Press )
-  Sub-optimal paradigms in Yiddish. In V. Chand, A. Kelleher, A. Rodríguez, and B. Schmeiser, eds., WCCFL 23 Proceedings (Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Press, pp. 1-14).
-  A quantitative study of Spanish paradigm gaps. In G. Garding and M. Tsujimura, eds., WCCFL 22 Proceedings (Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Press, pp. 1-14).
-  The identification of bases in morphological paradigms (UCLA dissertation)
-  Base selection in analogical change in Yiddish (In J. Larsen and M. Paster, eds., BLS 28, 1-13)