Professor of Linguistics emeritus
MIT Linguistics and Philosophy
77 Massachusetts Avenue, 32-D808
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Phonology, Lexical Theory, Poetics
- (with Kenneth N. Stevens) "Primary Features and their Enhancements in Consonants." Language, 65(1), 1989.
- (with K. Hale) "On the Syntax of Argument Structure." Lexicon Project Working Papers. Cambridge, MA: MIT Center for Cognitive Science, 1991.
- (with Thomas Roeper) "Re: The Abstract Clitic Hypothesis." Linguistic Inquiry, 23(1), 89-125, 1992.
- (with K. Hale) "The Syntactic Character of Thematic Structure." In I.M. Roca (ed) Thematic Structure: Its Role in Grammar. Berlin: Foris, 1992.
- K. Hale and S.J. Keyser (eds) The View from Building 20: Essays in Linguistics in Honor of Sylvain Bromberger. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1993.
- "On Argument Structure and the Lexical Expression of Syntactic Relations." In K. Hale and S.J. Keyser (eds) The View from Building 20: Essays in Linguistics in Honor of Sylvain Bromberger. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1993.
- Raising the Dead: A Poem. Cambridge, MA: Garden Street Press, 1993.
- (with Ken Hale) "On the complex nature of simple predicators." In Alex Alsina, Joan Bresnan, and Peter Sells (eds.) Complex Predicates , CSLI Lecture Notes 64, 29-65, Stanford: CSLI Publications, 1997.
- (with Ken Hale) "The basic elements of argument structure." In Papers from the UPenn/MIT Roundtable on Argument Structure and Aspect, MIT Working Papers in Linguistics 32, 73-118, Cambridge, MA: MITWPL, 1998.
- (with Morris Halle) "On meter in general and on Robert Frost's loose iambics in particular." In E. Iwamoto (ed.) Festschrift for Professor K. Inoue, Kanda University of International Studies, Japan, 1998.